Selby Kindergarten Philosophy
SELBY KINDERGARTEN PHILOSOPHY
Selby Kinder aims to provide valuable educational experiences of the highest quality
in a warm, secure environment in partnership with families and local community.
Our philosophy is underpinned by the outcomes and practice principles of the
Victorian Early Years Learning Development Framework (VEYLDF).
- that every child is an individual capable of contributing to their own learning
- that all children are naturally inquisitive, curious and imaginative
- that all children are individuals who have their own unique learning style
We aim to:
- provide an environment that allows all children the time to explore, investigate, challenge, inquire, discuss and collaborate
- allow all children to learn through rich invitations to play
- provide a nurturing, secure and engaging learning environment for all children to become confident, self motivated and independent learners, while developing broadly ranging attitudes, skills and knowledge
- to be inclusive and celebrate differences as we foster autonomy and independence for all the children
- foster a passion for learning by supporting all children to discover and explore their own interests
FAMILIES AND COMMUNITY:
- We acknowledge and embrace the importance of family as central to the child’s world
- We are committed to knowing and valuing our kinder families and we will endeavour to construct meaningful, open, communicative and collaborative partnerships with them
- We encourage our kinder families to be active participants in our Preschool and its programs and acknowledge the skills, insight and knowledge they bring to enrich our programs
- We have high regard for the community around us and endeavour to assist the children to connect with the community through our programs
- We aim to establish the foundations for children’s positive lifelong learning
- We assist children to achieve their full potential by extending and facilitating their needs and interests
- We are committed to providing high expectations for all children’s learning and developmental capabilities, recognising that all children learn and develop in their own unique way
- We are dedicated to continual improvement through reflection of our own practices and procedures
- We are committed to modeling appropriate behaviours as well as the continuation of our professional development through research and ongoing training
- We will interact in a positive manner, encouraging children in their efforts rather than only in their achievements, focusing on the process, not the end product. We will have fun!
- We aim to build children’s self-esteem and self-identity, and encourage and extend their knowledge and appreciation of the world around them
Our Philosophy is seen as a living document, continually evolving in the light of new research, the ideas of new team members and input from families.